Laughlin Boat Rental Tips and What You Need to Know
For those planning a trip to Laughlin, there’s much more to do than just check out the casinos and shows in Vegas. There’s no doubt the city has much to offer – championship golf, some of the best shows in the city, and lots of spas. Yet, it is the river activities and the overall adventure in the area that makes a visit to Laughlin so enjoyable. This time, why not check out the Laughlin boat rentals available to help you enjoy the experience that much more.
At Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina, we have a few tips for you to keep in mind as you start planning your experience here. With a wide range of activities available, you’ll want to plan to spend a week or more taking it all in.
Tips for Laughlin Boat Rentals
Located less than an hour north of Laughlin, Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina is happy to help you create a plan for enjoying the waterfront in our area. We’re located right on the Lake Mohave shoreline within Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Here are our tips for a successful trip.
Skip the Hotel and Choose a Houseboat Instead
One of the best recommendations we have is to stay on a houseboat. A houseboat – no matter what size – is designed to provide you with ample room and privacy. You’ll be afloat on the water, enjoying the beautiful weather and fabulous fishing while you are at it.
We offer a range of options to consider including houseboats from 50 to 70 feet in length. That provides a lot of room for you and your entire group. Houseboats are an excellent place to hold a group event or just spend time with your family. It’s a true luxury experience because it is right on the water for you to enjoy. Our boats sleep between 6 and 12 people.
If you are thinking about houseboat rentals, here are a few things we want you to consider:
- Choose a location that offers lots to do. You’ll learn how to operate your houseboat and that means you’ll have the ability to take off with it throughout the area.
- You don’t have to be an experienced captain to navigate a houseboat! Be sure to ask the company you choose to work with about the type of experience you need and how to manage the entire process. We’ll teach you!
- Know what to bring. Ask the company for a houseboat checklist.
- How many can sleep in the houseboat? More specifically, find out if there are private bedrooms (and how many) as well as what the max occupancy of the boat is before renting. The maximum occupancy may be higher than the number of people that the boat can sleep.
- Find out also what type of extras are on board. There’s nothing quite like having a hot tub to relax in with friends during your time. Be sure it offers a wet bar and other features important to the type of trip you are planning.
All locations have ample rules and requirements, but this can be a very exciting way to spend your time near Laughlin and the surrounding area.
Typically, costs are based on the number of days you’ll have the boat. Often, there is a discount for those who stay longer. Ask about these when you’re planning to book your experience.
Pontoon Boats and Fishing Boats
Many people that are checking out the options in Laughlin boat rentals are really looking for a way to get out and fish. That’s because the fishing can be fabulous at nearly all times of the year. The good news is you can rent fishing boats and pontoon boats to help you with these experiences as well.
Thinking about a pontoon boat? Most of the time, you can rent these for a few hours, if you like. That means you can rent it for the day, spend a day on the water, and return the boat. This is a good option for those looking for just a one-day experience on the water. However, for those planning to be in the area longer, there are also weekly rates available. This may provide you with a better price (when the boat renters offer this discount).
For those looking for some fishing experience, our Campion fishing boat may be a solid choice. This is a 17-foot boat that offers all of the features you need for a daily excursion on the water. Fishing boats are perfect because you can use them for as much or as little as you need. We offer an hourly rental rate for those who just want a few hours under the sun with a line in. However, for those who want to do major fishing, there are weekly rates available as well.
Jet Skis and Other Personal Watercraft
It’s also possible to do some jet skiing in the area or use one of our other types of personal watercraft during your stay with us. It’s a lot of fun to get out on the water with the water skis and tubes. Jet skis are available at Lake Mead but it is a good idea to book in advance no matter what you’re looking for in personal watercraft.
More Tips for Booking Boat Rentals
It’s a lot of fun to explore the open water here in Nevada. Before you do, there are a few more things to keep in mind.
- Always plan in advance. Some seasons are busier than others. You’ll want to book your trip with us as soon as you can.
- If you are choosing a daily rental or an hourly boat rental, call ahead to check availability.
- Make sure you’re working with a trusted provider. You want a boat that’s in great condition or a houseboat that’s luxurious. You also want to know the engine is going to be reliable. All of this comes from working with a truly reliable provider.
Exploring Laughlin is fun when you can take in numerous experiences. Why not check out the benefits of a houseboat or rent a fishing boat with us at Cottonwood Cove Resort and Marina? We’re happy to help make this a special experience for you and your group.