Houseboat Rental | How to Choose the Best Vacation Destination
Creating the ideal adventurous vacation for you and your family takes a bit of consideration. Most people want to have fun, but that doesn’t always mean the same thing from one group to the next. If you’ve already taken a trip to the big amusement parks or spent time in the local community, think about different, interesting, and unique vacation ideas. Thinking outside of the box gives you more opportunities to create meaningful memories.
How do you get to that point? At Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina, we want you to have the very best experience possible no matter if you stay with us or another location. That’s why we have a few specific tips to help you compare a few options.
Set Your Budget First
Before starting to look at options, put a budget in place. That ensures you know how much you can spend on a trip. Break down that budget a bit. How important is it for you to stay in a luxury hotel? Do you want to put more money into an experience instead of just the hotel itself? It’s important to know what’s essential to your family – is it space, comfort, luxury amenities or experiences?
Think About the Type of Rental
When it comes to choosing the best places to rent, you may have in your mind a few key things. For example, you may be thinking about a high end hotel with everything from rooftop entertainment to room service. On the other hand, you may want a more interesting and hands-on experience. Sometimes, it’s about finding a place that’s flexible and has good reviews.
We are often asked, “Are houseboat vacations fun?” The answer is simple to us – they are a fantastic experience. Even if you think you want the luxury of a hotel, consider what a beautiful, well-maintained and spacious houseboat can offer to you and your family. Houseboats provide the very best when it comes to room and privacy. You can create your own experience here, too. That means heading out to explore the lake to staying docked to check out the land activities. It’s always worth exploring firsthand!
Choose the Type of Destination That Is Right for Your Family and Expectations
It’s always worth sitting down with everyone traveling to plan a trip. Start with the destination. Where would everyone like to go? Here are a few suggestions:
- Visit a national park for one of the most enriching and memorable experiences your family can enjoy. You can find national parks in every part of the country, with ample adventures to offer within them.
- Take off to see a new city, perhaps one you have never been to before that seems interesting. Do some research to come up with a list of interesting cities. Encourage everyone to contribute ideas.
- Plan a trip to see a natural wonder or a museum. It’s always a good idea to continue your education during the summer months. This is an interesting and hands-on way to do just that.
- Consider a trip to a location that’s going to offer something to do that everyone is interested in – rather than a trip that may interest just one person or a couple. Most areas have more than one activity you can enjoy.
Destinations are the hardest part of creating a trip. It is always a good idea to spend some extra time focusing on what each person wants to do and experience.
Choose a Destination Based on the Activities You Want to Enjoy
Next, and often before finalizing a destination, you need to think about the types of activities individuals want to enjoy during their trip. Here are some things to consider along the way:
- Water activities such as jet skiing
- Hiking and nature walks
- Water fun
- Other things
Make a list of each of the things you hope to do. Then, when you start narrowing down options and destinations to visit, you want to be sure those activities are available at the location or nearby to it. It’s well worth exploring the surrounding area to find out what is available nearby that can make everyone happy.
Check Out the Local Amenities
Whether you want to go swimming or you want to have access to excellent restaurants, it is important to consider the location’s overall amenities. Look nearby the hotel or other location you are thinking about staying at during your trip. But do not stop there. Go further – look for options outside of this including in the areas within 30 minutes to an hour away. Make sure to research locations that have the most good reviews, too. That’s going to give you more things to think about when choosing the ideal destination.
What About Those Houseboats?
At Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina, we want you to take a few extra minutes to think about why staying on a houseboat with us really could be the type of experience you want – even if you want access to many of the amenities here. Of course, there’s no five-star hotel on the water, but there is much more that many people simply do not think about when choosing a place to spend their vacation.
Did you know that the Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina gives you everything you need to enjoy a stress free trip? Here are some reasons why this could be the ideal choice for you.
- It is close to Laughlin, Nevada, giving you access to a wide range of amenities for those who are looking for those classy restaurants and trendy shopping areas.
- You can bring your RV if you do not want to stay on a houseboat. That’s one way to have a bit of everything to experience.
- Lake Mohave offers everything you may want and need. That includes ample fishing, hiking trails and incredible sunsets. Even splashing away on the beaches could be how you spend most of your time here. We encourage you to check out all of the watercraft options that are available here as well!
- You can spend some time seeing the area’s sights or just stay on your houseboat to escape and relax on the water. There is plenty of variety to choose from here.
- You’ll love the privacy you can get. Even during peak tourism times, you still have all of the space and access to the amenities you desire.
As you think about the best places to rent for your next trip, make it a point to check out what it’s like to spend some time with us at Cottonwood Cove. You can fish, relax, have some fun with the kids, and enjoy fabulous restaurants nearby as you do so. Give us a call to learn more about what we can offer to you when you stay with us.